So what’s it like to really get paid to travel?
– Get to see amazing and unknown places free
– Your itinerary is completely scheduled for you
– Free food
– Chicks dig it
– Grueling and intense travel schedule*
– No flexibility to stop and smell the roses
– Diarrhea in China from drinking horse milk
– My girlfriend does not dig it
But overall, for the sights that I see and the people that I meet, being paid to go on an adventure of a lifetime is one of the most amazing things on the planet. I would have never thought that one day I would climb super tall trees, eat rats, shoot machine guns, hunt wild boar with headhunters, chase tarantulas, dress up as a lady boy, or drink cow pee…all as a part of my job description. All I can say is that life is an adventure…go out there and get you some (and be sure to take a Pacsafe bag ’cause you don’t want to get your stuff jacked)!
*each episode takes 1 week to shoot sometimes driving overnight for 12 hours in a van with a camera guy that has smelly feet.