Tipped into Travel 2013
Last year we recieved lots of fantastic travel tips from our well-travelled Pacsafe fans. With it's success, we decided that this year, we're going to search the world again for the best travel tips. Tip us up by sharing with us your top travel secrets for 2013!
- Duration: December 9-23, 2013
- Find the Facebook post with the "Tip us Up" image.
- Click on the image and in the comment section, post your travel tip you have picked up during your travels in 2013.
- Pacsafe judges will select 3 winners base on originality and creativity.
- Top 3 winners will win USD$100.00 in Pacsafe goodies.
We are allowing multiple entries. So feel free to share as many fantastic travel tips. Along with the top 3 winning travel tips, we will be selecting 7 more tips to be feartured on Pacsafe's Smart Tip page in January 2014.
Terms and Conditions:
- This competition is open to any and all residents of any country in the world, except employees of Outpac Designs Ltd (“Pacsafe”), their families or anyone else associated with the organization of this competition.
- Participants under the age of 18 must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian prior to participating. Children under the age of 13 are not allowed for the competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions shall supersede any other rule whatsoever. It is a condition of entry that all terms and conditions are adhered to. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- To be considered for the competition:
- The participant shall have a Facebook account and like Pacsafe’s Facebook page on “https://www.facebook.com/Pacsafe” and write down one or more travel tip(s) coming from its travel experience in 2013 on “Tipped into Travel” post of Pacsafe’s Facebook page or he/she shall send one or more travel tip(s) to the following email address: email@example.com.
- The tip(s) shall be submitted during the following period: from 0:01am (Hong Kong Time, GMT+8) on 9th December 2013 to 11:59pm (Hong Kong Time, GMT+8) on 23rd December 2013.
- Late or incomplete submission will not be accepted.
- All tip(s) submitted must be the work of the participant submitting it (them) and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition prior to the present competition.
- Participants must ensure that the tip(s) they are submitting is(are) their own work, that they own the copyright for it (them) and that it (they) do not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party or violate any laws. Participants must ensure that the tip(s) they are submitting is(are) not defamatory, deceptive, misleading, malicious, fraudulent, indecent, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, hateful, abusive, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, violent, sexually explicit, invasive of privacy, racial or otherwise objectionable.
- Unless otherwise provided in Facebook terms and conditions or unless contrary to any applicable law, the following rules shall apply: participants will retain copyright in their submitted tip(s) however, by entering, all participants grant Pacsafe non-exclusive rights to publish or display the tip(s) to other consumers and/or third parties and use the tip(s) to promote Pacsafe products and/or the competition or similar future competition within a five year period which may include publishing, displaying or otherwise reproducing the tip(s) on any medium whatsoever.
- Three participants chosen by Pacsafe (the “Winners”) based on creativity and originality of the tip(s) shall receive one or more Pacsafe products chosen by Pacsafe at its entire discretion of a total value between 90 USD (ninety US Dollars) to 100 USD (one hundred US Dollars) inclusive. The value calculation shall be based on the retail price as shown on Pacsafe website (www.pacsafe.com). Pacsafe’s decision to consider the Winners for the competition shall be final.
- 10 tips chosen by Pacsafe based on creativity and originality of the tip(s) will be published on the Smart Tips page at Pacsafe’s entire discretion.
- The Winners’ names will be announced on Pacsafe Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Pacsafe) on 3rd January 2014 and in Pacsafe January 2014 Newsletter.
- The Winners shall have 14 calendar days to send the information required to receive the prize, i.e. name, address and telephone number to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If any of the Winners cannot be contacted or is not available within the aforesaid period, Pacsafe reserves the right to determine other winner(s) according to Clause 9.
- Events may occur that render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Pacsafe. Pacsafe may, at its absolute discretion, vary, cancel or amend the competition and the participants agree that no liability shall attach to Pacsafe as a result thereof.
- By participating in this competition, the participant gives permission for its Facebook User Name to be collected by Outpac Designs Ltd only for the purpose of managing this competition.
- The competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or any other third party.
- By participating in this competition, the participant agrees to give Facebook or any other third party a complete release from any legal liability in connection with this competition.
Top 3 Tips!
Top Travel Tips of 2013!
We recieved many creative and useful travel tips from our fans. Thank you all for letting us have another year full of fantastic travel tips. However, in the end we had to select the top 3 travel tips. It was a long and difficult decision...the top 3 tips that jumped out were:
- A couple tips:
- When I first started travelling in Rome by myself paranoia led me to stick 20 Euros under the insole in my shoe - just in case. - Stick 20 Euros under the insole in your shoe. You never know when you'll need.
- Safety pins work wonders for a little extra security when your pacsafe isn't ideal. Pinning a change purse to the inside of your bag not only means it's easy to find, but also less likely to fall out / get nicked
- If you can stand the sound, adhesive Velcro can be added to a variety of openings making it hard for anyone to sneak into pockets without the obnoxious velco ripping sound.
- Use common sense, trust your gut instincts and have fun. :)
- If you carry an eReader or other device, it's a good idea to email all of your travel documents and plans to yourself as a PDF. If you also send your itinerary and other travel research, you have easy-to-access travel plans that can be indexed. Simply by emailing several uniquely named PDFs to your eReader and loading them onto your device before you leave home will allow you to quickly search for the information using key words when needed. Much easier than a travel book (which screams tourist) or printing everything out. If you prefer to print things out, you'll have a back-up in case of loss. (Of course you can lower your risk of loss by carrying that eReader in a Pacsafe product!)
- Always split up your cash. Don't carry it all together - some in the wallet, some in your PacSafe bag, some in your luggage, maybe in your boots/shoes.
Congratuations to Gussy Dee, Kristy McCoy, and Elizabeth Ward Langston!
Along with the top 3 travel tips, 7 other travel tips made it on our list. Congratulations to you all for posting your tips!
You can see the Top 10 travel tips of 2013 in our Smart Tip section or by clicking here.