2014 Travel Resolution contest
January is the year to look back at what you have achieved and what you plan on achieving. It includes going through that list of places you wanted to travel to in 2013 but didn’t get a chance to. Pacsafe wants to hear about what your travel resolutions are for 2014!
- Duration: January 13th-24th, 2014
- Find the Facebook post with the "My 2014 Travel Resolution" image.
- Click on the image and in the comment section, post your travel resolution for 2014.
- Only 1 post per participant. (Can include as many destinations in the 1 post)
- Pacsafe judges will select 3 winners base on originality and creativity.
- Top 3 winners will win USD$100.00 in Pacsafe goodies.
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to any and all residents of any country in the world, except employees of Outpac Designs Ltd (“Pacsafe”), their families or anyone else associated with the organization of this competition.
- Participants under the age of 18 must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian prior to participating. Children under the age of 13 are not allowed for the competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions shall supersede any other rule whatsoever. It is a condition of entry that all terms and conditions are adhered to. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- To be considered for the competition:
- The participant shall have a Facebook account and like Pacsafe’s Facebook page on “https://www.facebook.com/Pacsafe” and write down travel resolution for travel in 2014 on “My 2014 Travel Resolution” post of Pacsafe’s Facebook page or he/she shall send travel resolution to the following email address: email@example.com. Only one submission per participant may be considered for the competition. The participant may include photos or links of his or her travel destination(s) for 2014 in the resolution.
- The resolution shall be submitted during the following period: from 0:01am (Hong Kong Time, GMT+8) on 13th January 2014 to 11:59pm (Hong Kong Time, GMT+8) on 24rd January 2014.
- Late or incomplete submission will not be accepted.
- The resolution submitted must be the work of the participant submitting it and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition prior to the present competition.
- Participants must ensure that the resolutions they are submitting are their own work, that they own the copyright for them and that they do not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party or violate any laws. Participants must ensure that the resolutions they are submitting are not defamatory, deceptive, misleading, malicious, fraudulent, indecent, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, hateful, abusive, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, violent, sexually explicit, invasive of privacy, racial or otherwise objectionable.
- Unless otherwise provided in Facebook terms and conditions or unless contrary to any applicable law, the following rules shall apply: participants will retain copyright in their submitted resolutions however, by entering, all participants grant Pacsafe non-exclusive rights to publish or display the resolutions to other consumers and/or third parties and use the resolutions to promote Pacsafe products and/or the competition or similar future competition within a five year period which may include publishing, displaying or otherwise reproducing the resolutions on any medium whatsoever.
- Three participants chosen by Pacsafe (the “Winners”) based on creativity and originality of the resolutions shall receive one or more Pacsafe products chosen by Pacsafe at its entire discretion of a total value between 90 USD (ninety US Dollars) to 100 USD (one hundred US Dollars) inclusive. The value calculation shall be based on the retail price as shown on Pacsafe website (www.pacsafe.com). Pacsafe’s decision to consider the Winners for the competition shall be final.
- The Winners’ names will be announced on Pacsafe Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Pacsafe) on 5th February 2014 and in Pacsafe February 2014 Newsletter.
- The Winners shall have 14 calendar days to send the information required to receive the prize, i.e. name, address and telephone number to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If any of the Winners cannot be contacted or is not available within the aforesaid period, Pacsafe reserves the right to determine other winner(s) according to Clause 9.
- Events may occur that render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Pacsafe. Pacsafe may, at its absolute discretion, vary, cancel or amend the competition and the participants agree that no liability shall attach to Pacsafe as a result thereof.
- By participating in this competition, the participant gives permission for its Facebook User Name to be collected by Outpac Designs Ltd only for the purpose of managing this competition.
- The competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or any other third party.
- By participating in this competition, the participant agrees to give Facebook or any other third party a complete release from any legal liability in connection with this competition.
2014 Travel Resolution Results
2014 will be a year full of travels. We received over 100 destinations for 2014, some were new places to visit, others were returning to past places, while some were reconnecting with loved ones. We were inspired by all your travel resolutions. Congratulations to the top 3 most creative and original travel resolutions!
- I have been to Japan twice but i was not able to see a single cherry blossom flower. I dreamt of seeing this beauty and i wish i can fullfill it this year with my family. I want to inculcate the value of travel to my kids since there is a certain degree of education from travelling aside from the memories you create and weave from them. I want them to learn different cultures and respect each others beliefs and traditions. I am looking forward to more travels with my husband and kids this year and i wish it can be fulfillied.
- According to the Chinese zodiac, 2014 is the Year of the Horse; my birth sign! As Chinese mythology states, the horse is an independent traveller with an energetic and happy outlook on life....so my resolution is to fully embrace these attributes and embark on an exciting adventure to the land of great mystery - China. Taking in the karst landscapes in Guilin, the iconic Great Wall, magnificent terracotta warriors in Xian, coming face to face with pandas in Chengdu, and exploring the ancient cultural legacies of the Chinese dynasties. With Pacsafe as my trustworthy companion, I know this will be one resolution I'll never regret making!
- We are inspired by the upcoming Olympic Games in making our travel resolution this year. We would like to take our family to a former Olympic host city (ie. London, Paris, Barcelona, Rome in Europe, or Vancouver, Los Angeles, in North America)..
Congratuations to Maria Suyen L. Magallanes, Gill Saunders, and Jill Bradshaw!
Thank you all who participated!